Create core competency frameworks, generic team capability sets or role-specific capability profiles quickly and with minimum effort.
The capability profiler enables a team of judges to identify the specific capabilities for a role or the generic capabilities for a team. The final capabilities can provide input into other modules and your existing People Management activities such as recruitment and performance management.
If required, this module can include a set of Capability Headings and Definitions which are undergoing continuous development by the Culture to Perform research team. Alternatively, if your organisation already has a competency framework, then this can easily be uploaded into the system from day one.
The module uses a simple, online step-by-step process:
- Judges select from a longlist of capabilities, classifying them as essential, desirable or low-priority.
- Judges add any missing capabilities they feel need to be included in the list.
- Judges limit the final number selected to twelve essential capabilities.
- Judges compare those final twelve to produce an overall rank-order.
- The Deciding Judge(s) review the results of all judges and sign-off the capability profiles.
The following screen demonstrates the process of producing the overall rank-order:
The whole process can be completed in a fraction of the time that it would take to conduct this process using interviews, workshops and paper-based forms. In addition, it allows you to easily engage a much larger number of colleagues as you build the competency framework, hence strengthening the framework through consultation.