We offer a unique combination of web-based technology and consultancy expertise that provides organisations with reliable management information about their workforce. The end result helps to measure staff capability, optimise team performance and improve organisational culture.
We have worked with a number of private firms, local authorities and other organisations since 2002 on various projects in this area. Our unique experience here has been to work truly in partnership with the Service Areas/Business Units, HR/OD and the Trade Unions (where appropriate).
1.Transformational Change – Competency Assessment
Large-scale restructures need to be implemented sensitively, consistently, fairly and in a timely manner. Using an organisation’s own competency framework and our competency-based assessment system, we have successfully delivered to large-scale transformation programmes. The system and the associated support allows an organisation to match the right people to the right roles and determine development plans for them as soon as they move into their new posts.
2. Appraisal / Performance Review / PDR
As a natural follow-on to transformation, our Performance Reviewer tool is being used in a number of areas to implement an online performance appraisal/review process. It provides measurement against standards for agreed competencies/statements, as well as other performance criteria (including targets/KPIs/objectives) that can be achieved and shown to support the Corporate Service planning process.
3. Developmental 360
Another of our tools can support large-scale online delivery of 360-degree feedback against an organisation’s management competency framework (or other criteria). It has already been used for Staff, Supervisory, First Line Manager, Middle Manager, Senior Manager, Customer Services, Black/Minority Ethnic and other development programmes, but could also be applicable in many other situations.
4. Training & Consultancy
Alongside the technology tools that we deliver, we also work closely with the project teams to assist with the project delivery through workshop sessions, brainstorming, consultancy, training and staff briefings. Our knowledge, experience and position as an ‘objective third-party adviser’ are valued by staff in both the organisation and the Trade Unions (where applicable).
5. Other Tools
Capability Profiler – If the competency framework ever required changing, this tool could be used to gather feedback on the framework itself and provide a collaborative way of changing the framework and gaining buy-in for those changes.
Structured Interviewer – This tool allows staff to structure a recruitment interview based on the key capabilities already defined using the Capability Profiler (or your own competency framework).
Succession Planner – currently in prototype, this tool will help to identify possible successors for key roles within the organisation.
Main Benefits of the Culture to Perform model
- Allows measurement of competencies and culture as a benchmark for comparison year on year
- Enables managers to become skilled in undertaking meaningful assessments against competencies, objectives and overall performance
- Ensures best practice appraisals are consistently applied within the Service/Organisation
- Allows behavioural measures (competencies) to be supplemented with achievement measures (performance targets)
- Avoids the need for extensive paper based systems – all completed online
- Increases visibility of completion and adherence to timescales
- Embeds a culture where performance is high on the agenda
- Ensures Corporate competencies are integral throughout all roles within the service area.
- Facilitates partnership working: The solution is not just technology – it is a partnership solution that genuinely works with all parties involved.
- Underpins all HR processes with a solid set of competency and culture-based criteria and best-practice methodology.